Thursday, May 22, 2014

My top 10 #nzpol Tweets of this week

Interestingly, the US Military often goes and helps in natural disaster zones so they're probably one of the few orgs who have seen the effects of climate change first hand all around the world.
Dotcom has dominated the news because of the Banks trial and Key has tried very hard to gloss over the facts. But the facts are certainly very interesting!
Child Poverty Action Group have gone to the Court of Appeal in the past regarding the arguably discriminatory policy that is Working for Families. Always remember, children are non-voters.
I love these above two tweets on Budget 2014 - because the surplus is basically an accounting exercise. It has very little real meaning. In the last 5 years so much essential services have been cut or reduced in the name of "tightening our belts" post financial crisis and they will never be restored. The "surplus" is meant to hide the transfer of large amounts of public wealth to the private.
The last two - ha ha!

10 Rules of Top 10
1. Tweets must be funny or thoughtful or informative or display critical analysis 
2. What is funny or thoughtful or informative or display critical analysis is subjective and determined by me.
3. I may provide commentary on the tweet if it particularly strikes my fancy
4. They are not ranked from 1-10
5. Disclosure: I *am* particularly looking to highlight gender and racial minority voices
6. If you want to point me to the direction of a good tweet, please do it!
7. Using the #nzpol/#nzqt/#nzvotes is helpful but not required
8. I hope to get better about this as the weeks progress
9. I am a big fan of correct spelling and grammar (but I know mistakes happen too!)
10. Let's try to use social media for good and raise the level of debate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment